-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Collector's edition of HIB book
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:44 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Ok. Not purposely a collector's edition. But has anyone else out there gotten a copy of Hibernate in Action that has all of the pages flipped upside down? I suppose you could also say the outside cover is flipped. Either way, when I got my copy from Amazon yesterday, I opened the book and was staring at the last page of the index, flipped upside down. How funny is that? Plus, along the bottom edge of the front cover were the words "BLACK CYAN MAGENTA", and along the bottom edge of the back cover "JOB #2481 - 109419 DATE: 08-16-04"

Obviously an error during printing, but I was curious how many others got one like that. My co-workers look at me funny when they see me reading my HIB book upside down (the book that is).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:46 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

wtf!?

I guess you can get a replacement for that...

...unless you like it that way ;-)

Post subject: Collector's edition of HIB book
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:17 pm 

Well, I certainly hope it *is* a collectors' item--I mean, it better be extremely rare!

But seriously, send me a message (maba@manning.com) and I'll have a proper copy mailed to you--and keep that one, of course. I am sorry about this.

Publisher
Manning Publications Co.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:13 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Sure thing. Thanks for the offer. The actual text looks to be fine, but I am starting to tire of standing on my head everytime I need to reference the book.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]