-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: AuditLog
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:03 pm 
Regular
Regular

I tried implementing the Audit Log you have at the end of Chapter 8. However, I'm wondering if you experienced an infinite loop when you flushed the session for AuditLog class on pp. 346? I am seeing that it goes back to the postFlush() method in the AuditLogInterceptor.

Thanks,
Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:04 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

read the book section again - it is a different session!

Post subject: Also, some errata
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:28 pm 
Regular
Regular

Yeah, I see that. I should probably mention I am using Spring to get a new Session. It has an overloaded method to get a new Session as follows:

Code:
Session session = SessionFactoryUtils.getSession(getSessionFactory, true);

The true parameter forces a new session to be created. Considering that this seems to be the same as the example, I was wondering if you saw this behavior in the Hibernate version or was this just some code you whipped up to show the concept.

The only way I could prevent from going into an infinite loop is to have a separate sessionfactory that doesn't use my audit Log entityInterceptor. Weird huh? But that's something I can take up with the Spring guys.

Also, it looks like there's an error in the code on pp. 345. : setSession() and setUserId() aren't available on the "Interceptor" interface, so the initialization would have to be:

Code:
AuditLogInterceptor interceptor = new AuditLogInterceptor();

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:32 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Typo confirmed, will be fixed in reprint.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]