-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: hibernate tools + derby client
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:13 pm 

eclipse 3.4.0
hibernate tools 3.2.4.GA
derby client driver 10.4.2.0

I create a hibernate configuration for my derby server. I am very confident that my connection string is correct. When I do a test from JDBC connection properties I get a "ping succeeded". however when I try to expand the database node of my hibernate configuration I see the following in the error log:

Code:
!SUBENTRY 2 org.hibernate.eclipse.console 4 150 2009-04-07 11:07:58.031
!MESSAGE java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/IUCT;create=true
!STACK 0
java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/IUCT;create=true
   at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:602)
   at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:154)
   at org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.getConnection(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:110)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.AbstractMetaDataDialect.getConnection(AbstractMetaDataDialect.java:122)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.AbstractMetaDataDialect.getMetaData(AbstractMetaDataDialect.java:61)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.AbstractMetaDataDialect.caseForSearch(AbstractMetaDataDialect.java:163)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.JDBCMetaDataDialect.getTables(JDBCMetaDataDialect.java:22)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.JDBCReader.processTables(JDBCReader.java:476)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.JDBCReader.readDatabaseSchema(JDBCReader.java:74)
   at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.workbench.LazyDatabaseSchemaWorkbenchAdapter$2.execute(LazyDatabaseSchemaWorkbenchAdapter.java:114)
   at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:64)
   at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.workbench.LazyDatabaseSchemaWorkbenchAdapter.readDatabaseSchema(LazyDatabaseSchemaWorkbenchAdapter.java:105)
   at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.workbench.LazyDatabaseSchemaWorkbenchAdapter.getChildren(LazyDatabaseSchemaWorkbenchAdapter.java:61)
   at org.hibernate.eclipse.console.workbench.BasicWorkbenchAdapter.fetchDeferredChildren(BasicWorkbenchAdapter.java:105)
   at org.eclipse.ui.progress.DeferredTreeContentManager$1.run(DeferredTreeContentManager.java:234)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

I think my first question is: is the 10.4.2 derby driver supported yet? Any pointers would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: hibernate tools + derby client
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:38 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

is the driver class on the classpath ?

in latest release if you use a DTP connection we put the driver there automatically, but in previous ones you had to have it on the console configuration or related project classpath.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:10 pm 

Max,

I just added the derby client jar explicitly to my eclipse hibernate configuration's classpath and I am seeing the same result.

What is DTP?

Let me know if there is any other info I can provide.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:06 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Either your jdbc url is wrong for the driver OR we got a bug in class-reloading. Does it work after you reload the Hibnerate configuration or after restarting eclipse ?

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:55 pm 

it does not work in either of those cases.

What I can tell you is that this database connection works great in the Database Development perspective

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:14 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Then you for sure either dont have the drivers in classpath or the url is wrong (i.e. did you miss a space in the start or end ?)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]