-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tables not showing up in Hibernate console
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:39 am 

I'm trying to create hibernate mapping files and java objects using bottom up approach. I'm using eclipse and hibernate plugging tools.

Eclipse: version 3.3.2
Hibernate Tools:HibernateTools-3.2.2.Beta1
Name and version of the database you are using:DB2 on zOS v8.1

My Hibernate config file(hibernate.cfg.xml) is correctly configured to point to a DB2 database. The connection params are verified.

Upon creating Hibernate Console using above hibernate config, I DO NOT see the listing of database tables. For a quick moment the status bar displays "fetching children from Database" but then NO list appears.

I tried org.hibernate.dialect.DB2Dialect dialect and same result.

Can someone help ?

Thanks.

Here is the config file:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE hibernate-configuration PUBLIC
      "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Configuration DTD 3.0//EN"
      "http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-configuration-3.0.dtd">
<hibernate-configuration>
    <session-factory name="sessionFactory">
        <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver</property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.password">XXXXX</property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:db2://myserver.com:5027/SIDJDB2L</property>
        <property name="hibernate.connection.username">onlyuser</property>
        <property name="hibernate.default_schema">SIDDB2L</property>
        <property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.DB2390Dialect</property>
    </session-factory>
</hibernate-configuration>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:56 am 

Below is the error message. When I googled on this error I found that it was reported in several forums as way back as 2004. However did not find any solutions reported.
This error is from the DB2 driver. It is faulting when trying to retrieve metadata information from Database.

Any clues ?

Code:
  com.ibm.db2.jcc.b.SqlException: [ibm][db2][jcc][10150][10300] Invalid parameter: Unknown column name TABLE_NAME.
  [ibm][db2][jcc][10150][10300] Invalid parameter: Unknown column name TABLE_NAME.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:38 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Best guess: you are using a db2 driver that is ancient and not following the jdbc spec.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:07 am 

I am using the latest drivers. I tried several versions of the drivers too with same result.

I found the following post in a previous forum message. It's the exact problem I have:
http://forums.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?p=2243948

Quote:
it appears to be fairly conclusive that the IBM DB2 universal drivers support metadata fully. however, OS/390 aid z/OS installations of DB2 treat the underlying stored procedures required to support metadata as *options*, not automatically installed. and of course, we are indeed running DB2 on the mainframe.

(1) Please let me know if the above is valid ?
(2) Is the Hiberante code generation plugin for Eclispse tested against DB2 v8 on zOS ?
(3) Any suggestions ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:29 pm 

I want to know, has anyone reverse engineered and created hibernate mapping files(*.hbm.xml), POJO objects from a DB2 running on zOS/mainframe based backend ?

As far as I can see HIBERNATE TOOL work only for DB2 UDB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:29 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Until now i've only heard reports about zos not being jdbc spec compliant and/or the user does not have the correct permissions to read metadata.

I don't have a zos/mainframe to test on, so the community should provide fixes if there are some issues which can be worked around in hibernate tools.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]