-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: RunSchemaExport does nothing
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:49 pm 

Hi,

I'm trying to generate a ddl with the Hibernate tools plugin from within Eclipse by right clicking on a hibernate configuration and then choosing "Run Schema Export". Yet nothing happens afterwards; no errors, no warnings. Has anyone used this feature? My Hibernate config and mapping files should be okay because I can use other features of the tools (generate POJO, etc.) and I actually did manage to create the DB by by using the autoddl feature in the cfg file but I can't use it interactively.

I am using the following components:
Eclipse 3.2 (WTP 1.5)
Hibernate 3.2
Hibernate Tools Plugin 3.2 beta 9
MySQL 5.0
Tutorial example supplied with Hibernate 3.2

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:52 am 
Expert
Expert

Did you try generating the sql doing using the Hbm2Ddl code directly to identify the problem?

Something like:
Code:
public static void createDDLScript()
{
   SchemaExport schemaExport = new SchemaExport(getConfiguration()).setHaltOnError(true);
   schemaExport.setFormat(true).setDelimiter(";");
   schemaExport.setOutputFile(OUTPUT_FILE).create(true, false);
}

To create a configuration object, just point to the hibernate.cfg.xml file.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]