-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: database-object support for SchemaUpdate
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:08 pm 

Any plans to add support to SchemaUpdate for auxiluary database objects (<database-object>...)?
I wanted to discuss the implications here first before posting a Jira issue and trying to create a patch.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:32 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

how would you do that ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:48 pm 

My use case here is mainly for stored procedures (I'd like to track and migrate them via SchemaUpdate). The 'dialect-scope' thing makes it a very attractive way to do that, since stored procs are so vendor specific.

So, I'd either always run the drop and then create for database objects or potentially add a 'check' or 'validate' script to a database-object that would be used by SchemaUpdate (and SchemaValidate) to determine if the object is already there.

Although, I may be missing something entirely. Is there another way to track stored procedures?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:24 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

update/validate methods *might* be a solution but i'm worried about performance....if each object has to check its existence...but it's better than nothing.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]