-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Installation Problem with 3.2Beta6 - WST Version Skew
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:09 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I have a brand new Eclipse 3.2 installation with the complete Callisto bundle, including WST. I downloaded Hibernate Tools 3.2 beta 6 and unzipped it into the eclipse directory. When I start eclipse with -clean and then go to Product Configuration, Hibernte Tools is marked with an X due to a configuration error:
Quote:
Plug-in "org.eclipse.wst.validation.ui" version "1.0.0.v200605301759" referenced by this feature is missing.

Plug-in "org.eclipse.wst.common.frameworks.ui" version "1.0.100.v200605261351" referenced by this feature is missing.

My plugin directory does have very close versions of those two, but they are not exactly the same:
org.eclipse.wst.common.frameworks.ui_1.1.0.v200606130645.jar
org.eclipse.wst.validation.ui_1.1.0.v200606130645.jar

Note, the version numbers match but the dates embedded in the filename are newer in my copies from the Callisto release.

The Hibernate Tools 3.2Beta6 zip does not contain the needed files. Would you think I could just update the Hibernate Tools feature.xml file to refer to the versions I do have?
--keenan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:22 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

yes, that should just work.

apparently the build was not done on the callisto but against the build just before that....i'll go kick the builders ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:30 am 
Pro
Pro

Hi Max,

will we get another build based on callisto ?

BTW: the HQL code validation looks great. I really hope we will make it
to java 5 in the next years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:40 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

we'll try and get a build out against callisto somehow.

regarding hql validation I hope to get around adding it to "ordinary" java code too. e.g. validate hql strings in hbm.xml and .createQuery() methods.....but I haven't found a performant way to process the eclipse AST to get them out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:42 am 

I have the same versions of eclipse and the hibernate tools as you mentioned, however I found that those two libraries were actually missing. The similar looking libraries in the plugins directory don't have the ".ui" in them.

I downloaded wtp-wst-S-1.5RC4-200605310507.zip and extracted the appropriate files. After doing this, in the eclipse product configuration, it says that hibernate is configured correctly.

However, when I run Eclipse, the hibernate features are not available!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:15 am 
Beginner
Beginner

phil1111 wrote:
I have the same versions of eclipse and the hibernate tools as you mentioned, however I found that those two libraries were actually missing. The similar looking libraries in the plugins directory don't have the ".ui" in them.

I downloaded wtp-wst-S-1.5RC4-200605310507.zip and extracted the appropriate files. After doing this, in the eclipse product configuration, it says that hibernate is configured correctly.

We have the same problem - I've downloaded Eclipse 3.2 and it ran fine.
Then downloaded Hibernate Tools Beta6 and it complained about the ui libraries missing. Then I have download JBoss ALPHA to get the liberaries and now Eclipse is no longer complaining about Hibernate Tools, but I can't see Hibernate Perspective or any other related Hiberante features in the Eclipse.

Does anybody know what would be a workaround?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:13 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

hmm - i hate eclipse plugin dependency hell :(

I have heard from multiple people that everything just works if you download the full bundle (thus not using any Callisto install)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:16 am 
Beginner
Beginner

xplorem wrote:
phil1111 wrote:

We have the same problem - I've downloaded Eclipse 3.2 and it ran fine.
Then downloaded Hibernate Tools Beta6 and it complained about the ui libraries missing. Then I have download JBoss ALPHA to get the liberaries and now Eclipse is no longer complaining about Hibernate Tools, but I can't see Hibernate Perspective or any other related Hiberante features in the Eclipse.

Does anybody know what would be a workaround?

I got around the problem by editing features\org.hibernate.eclipse.feature_3.2.0.beta6\feature.xml file to update the versions of the dependencies. I have also noticed that I was running Eclipse under JDK 1.4. Once I switched to 1.5 I was able to see Hibernate Console.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:45 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

please provide whatever you patched into hibernate jira including the jdk 1.5 issue; we should definitly work with 1.5 (except for the annotation based stuff)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:06 pm 

I too was using Java 1.4. Once I upgraded to 1.5 I could see the hibernate features in eclipse. Thanks for the tip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:35 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

can any of you with jdk 1.5/1.4 issues attach your eclipse log files so
I can see what goes wrong ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:45 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

no need - i found the culprit; had nonneeded dependency on the APT plugin which prevented it from starting up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:42 am 

max wrote:
no need - i found the culprit; had nonneeded dependency on the APT plugin which prevented it from starting up.

Then we are eagerly waiting for the new build! :-)

update:
The latest nightly build seems to work fine. Thanks!

Cheers,
a.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]