-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to specify collection type for reverse engineering?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:11 am 

First, I'm using Hibernate Tools 3.1.0 beta4 with Eclipse 3.1.2. I haven't provided any code or trace information since it is irrelevant to my question.

Can I specify the type of collection I would like to use for reverse engineering one-to-many relationships? Specifically, I would like to use <list> instead of the default <set> in my generated hbm.xml files and java.util.List in the corresponding POJOs.

I've looked at the tools documentation and I cannot find any reference to configuring this. However, I see that there are Velocity templates for doing this (hbm/list.hbm.vm) , but am not sure how the tools can be configured to use them. It seems I would have to configure this in either the hibernate.reveng.xml or I'd have to write a ReverseEngineeringStrategy, but the latter seems to only allow for naming attributes.

Is this even possible, or do I have to go in after generation and manually change sets to lists?

Thanks,

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:26 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

currently not possible.

remember that changing e.g. set to list requires you to also specify an index column....making the configuration even more hairy..;;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:47 pm 

try bag instead of set

My problem was that hessian does not like set.

Now i can work with List in java and with ArrayList in C#.

Code:
     <bag name="waren"
             cascade="all-delete-orphan"
            lazy="false">
         <key column="AF01_KOPF_ID" />
         <one-to-many class="org.appfuse.model.Ware"/>
      </bag>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]