-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [ XDoclet ] hibernate 3.0 ?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:44 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

How should I do to get XDoclet generating my hibernate 3 mapping files ? Currently, I am using xdoclet-hibernate-module-1.2.2.jar I downloaded at xdoclet.sourceforge.net.

But the tag <hibernate version="3.0"/> is not recognized and my subclasses are ignored.

I think I have red somewhere that there is a bug and XDoclet cannot generate the mappings corresponding to subclasses even if they are documented (http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/xdoclet/tags/hibernate-tags.html).

I have also red about a patch correcting this problem but this is a new thing for me...

I found xdoclet.codehaus.org but what sould I download ?

Regards
Lilian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:35 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I have commit changes to XDoclet 1.3 snap shot build (CVS Head) for Hibernate 3. Its not complete support but it is a start. Build from CVS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:13 am 
Beginner
Beginner

david wrote:
I have commit changes to XDoclet 1.3 snap shot build (CVS Head) for Hibernate 3. Its not complete support but it is a start. Build from CVS.

Thank you for you answer, does this new version support the tag "<hibernate version="3.0"/>" ?

Does it support subclasses ?

I yes, where could I find the informations for connecting the CVS server ?

Regards
Lilian

Post subject: Hibernate3 added XDoclet2 support
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:30 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi all

I would say that I have implemented Hibernate3 plugin for XDoclet2. And it is successfully used in my day-job project.
Several parts not implemented yet (@hibernate.array) because I do not use this functionality in my project.

I would like to share the code if somebody alredy used XDoclet2. Sourcecode you can find here http://belus.of.by/~userarea/xdoclet-pl ... rnate3.zip

After writing plugin I can say that XDoclet2 much better designed and write plugin easier then in XDoclet.

You definitely should try XDoclet2.

Post subject: Re: Hibernate3 added XDoclet2 support
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:45 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

wassup wrote:
Hi all

I would say that I have implemented Hibernate3 plugin for XDoclet2. And it is successfully used in my day-job project.
Several parts not implemented yet (@hibernate.array) because I do not use this functionality in my project.

I would like to share the code if somebody alredy used XDoclet2. Sourcecode you can find here http://belus.of.by/~userarea/xdoclet-pl ... rnate3.zip

After writing plugin I can say that XDoclet2 much better designed and write plugin easier then in XDoclet.

You definitely should try XDoclet2.

Thank you, this interesting.

I would like to try your code, but I really dont know where I can download XDoclet2 :-S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:10 pm 

for xdoclet CVS infos see: http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=31602

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:21 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

LR wrote:

I would like to try your code, but I really dont know where I can download XDoclet2 :-S

I also don't know where official distribution can be found :(
I have learned xdoclet2 and generama internals by xdoclet2-plugins CVS sources and disassembling the code :). In fact I cant realize why so useful project has so bad promotion and support.
Anyway distributives (jar files) you can get from codehaus repository http://dist.codehaus.org/

I am using maven so i can post how to configure maven to generate Hibernate3 mapping and configuration files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:07 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I agree XDoclet2 is much easier to deal with so I do see it being the preferred version in the future. For me and others, Xdoclet simply has many more plugins hence I have added limited support for Xdoclet and will enhance it as required.

It is good that others are helping in this area as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:10 am 
Senior
Senior

wassup wrote:
LR wrote:

I also don't know where official distribution can be found :(
I have learned xdoclet2 and generama internals by xdoclet2-plugins CVS sources and disassembling the code :). In fact I cant realize why so useful project has so bad promotion and support.
Anyway distributives (jar files) you can get from codehaus repository http://dist.codehaus.org/

I am using maven so i can post how to configure maven to generate Hibernate3 mapping and configuration files.

XDoclet 2 lives at xdoclet.codehaus.org There is no such official distrubution packaged, due to fact that xdoclet-2 is mostly used from maven environment.

Are you willing to contribute your hibernate-3 support to xdoclet-2 plugins repository?

As for promotion - most of xdoclet-1 vcommiters prefer to stay with xdoclet-1, although they
are invited to switch over to xd-2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:29 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I am happy to help you with XDoclet2 as well. I don't want to leave XDoclet 1.x as I have projects currently using it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:52 am 
Senior
Senior

david wrote:
I am happy to help you with XDoclet2 as well. I don't want to leave XDoclet 1.x as I have projects currently using it.

You are welcome. I'm struggling to keep up with changes in hibernate DTD.
It would be cool if you could look at the current state and point to what I've missed.

http://xdoclet.codehaus.org/

tia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:16 am 
Beginner
Beginner

david wrote:

As I understand from users point of view changes are minimal. Tag definition (like @hibernate.list ... ) almost the same as in xdoclet 1.xx
You need to change only build script.
for example if you use maven then you need to do
1) Add to project.properties
Code:
# xdoclet for Hibernate3
maven.xdoclet.0=hibernate
maven.xdoclet.0.fileset.0.dir=${pom.build.sourceDirectory}/${hibernate.domain.package}/
maven.xdoclet.0.fileset.0.include=**/*.java
maven.xdoclet.0.hibernate=org.xdoclet.plugin.hibernate.HibernateMappingPlugin
maven.xdoclet.0.hibernate.destdir=${maven.build.dest}

maven.xdoclet.1=hibernate
maven.xdoclet.1.fileset.0.dir=${pom.build.sourceDirectory}/${hibernate.domain.package}/
maven.xdoclet.1.fileset.0.include=**/*.java
maven.xdoclet.1.hibernate=org.xdoclet.plugin.hibernate.HibernateConfigPlugin
maven.xdoclet.1.hibernate.destdir=${maven.build.dest}

And add following plugin dependencies to project.xml
Code:
    <dependency>
      <groupId>xdoclet-plugins</groupId>
      <artifactId>xdoclet-plugin-hibernate</artifactId>
      <version>SNAPSHOT</version>
      <properties>
        <xdoclet.dependency>true</xdoclet.dependency>
      </properties>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven-xdoclet2-plugin</artifactId>
      <version>SNAPSHOT</version>
      <type>plugin</type>
    </dependency>

Thats all.
Better to see what have changed is to try new XDoclet plugin. You'll see - it is quite easy to migrate to new xdoclet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:20 am 

david wrote:

I just sent some patches to the xdoclet-devel-list to enhance support for hibernate3 in xdoclet-1.x. These patches not only make xdoclet recognise the version-3-tag but generate hibernate3-mappings
(i.e. new package-definition, support for on-delete=cascade, ...).

These changes are far from being complete but they are a step forward.
Look at xdoclet-devel mailinglist to see what happened to them :-).

bye, Stephan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:30 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Cool thanks.
Could you forward them directly to me or place them in XDoclet's JIRA so I can get them from there.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:11 am 

david wrote:
Could you forward them directly to me or place them in XDoclet's JIRA so I can get them from there.

commited to xdoclet-jira as
XDT-1344

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next