-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: What are all these Middlegen files?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:50 am 
Beginner
Beginner

When I generate my hbm.xml files using Middlegen, I get a number of files...

e.g. From my PERSON table, I get the following...

Tbpperson.hbm.xml
Tbppersonh.hbm.xml
Tbppersoni.hbm.xml

which generate into...

Tbpperson.java
Tbppersonh.java
TbppersonhPK.java
Tbppersoni.java

Can anyone shed some light onto what purpose each of these files serve and whether actually need them. I presume the PK means primary key and because the 'i' files have less properties they could be some sort of index files but that's as far as it goes.

Regards
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:52 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Really hard to tell without knowing how your table and the generated mapping files look like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:46 am 
Beginner
Beginner

My mistake. The files generated are correct. I have just had it pointed out to me that the DB Schema had additional tables suffixed with I (Inforce) and H (History), which mapped to the i and h hbm.xml files output from middlegen.

P.S I wish middlegen had the option of using a smaller font and collapsing the tables to not show the non-key columns. My schema has 207 tables. The wiring in the middlegen diagram is like spaghetti!!! ;-)

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:48 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Quote:
P.S I wish middlegen had the option of using a smaller font and collapsing the tables to not show the non-key columns.

+1

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:59 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I hear you :-) - actually its a good idea. Hmmmm......I will take note of it and see what can come of it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]