-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Eclipse Exception Hibernate nature
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:21 pm 

I'm getting an exception while doing a clean > build in eclipse that appears to be hibernate related. The error I receive in eclipse is:

Errors occurred during the build.
Errors running builder 'Java Builder' on project 'rocket-services'.
org/hibernate/eclipse/nature/HibernateNature

The exception in the logs is:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/eclipse/nature/HibernateNature
at org.hibernate.eclipse.jdt.ui.internal.HQLExpressionCompilerParticipant.isActive(HQLExpressionCompilerParticipant.java:56)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelManager$CompilationParticipants.getCompilationParticipants(JavaModelManager.java:318)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.JavaBuilder.initializeBuilder(JavaBuilder.java:587)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.JavaBuilder.clean(JavaBuilder.java:286)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:631)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:172)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:255)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:258)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:220)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:362)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project$1.run(Project.java:545)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1975)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.internalBuild(Project.java:524)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.build(Project.java:115)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.dialogs.CleanDialog.doClean(CleanDialog.java:312)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.dialogs.CleanDialog$1.runInWorkspace(CleanDialog.java:154)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Does anyone know what might be wrong? I have the hibernate plugin installed, working on Helios version 3.5.

Thanks,

Post subject: Re: Eclipse Exception Hibernate nature
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:04 am 
Expert
Expert

Hi,

the missing class seems to be part of the hibernator eclipse plugin.
So the first thing I would try is to install the latest version fri=om
http://sourceforge.net/projects/hibernator/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:12 am 

That URI doesn't have any software.

I looked in http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/stable/ as well but I don't see anything related to hibernate.

Also, correction, my eclipse version is 3.6.2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:03 am 
Senior
Senior

I haven't seen that error message. My bet would be an incomplete or otherwise faulty install.

That said, given the fact that Hibernate Tools is still not ready for Hibernate 4.0, there's still no release for Eclipse Indigo, and the main forum administrator has not been seen on the forum since January 28th, I have (reluctantly) come to the conclusion that JBoss has more or less finished support for Hibernate Tools.

Which is as well, since some architectural decisions in the reveng process simply don't scale to real-life project complexities. (E.g. the need to keep all reveng configuration in a single hibernate.reveng.xml - that way, a project cannot configure a relationship to a table that is reverse engineered in another subproject. There are more epic fails in the way Hibernate Tools work, but it's the only one that can be told in a paragraph :-) )
My current standing recommendation is to avoid Hibernate Tools altogether. Just reverse engineer by hand. You don't need Tools to check that the database is compatible with your POJO classes, the Hibernate Session has options to do that checking - put that in your unit test or into application startup.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:38 am 

I've uninstalled hibernate tools and everything seems to be normal. Thanks for the information.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]