-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Eclipse Tools: Delete existing Database Connection
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:11 am 

Hi, i've been trying to find out a way to do this but im missing something
When trying to setup a Console Configuration in eclipse, i create a "Database Connection" in the relevant field in the Console Configuration dialog. However i fail to find a way to delete this database connection when there is no use for it, i.e. i accidentally created multiple and i wish to clear my list because its getting big. I figured it would be in the general eclipse preferences but i had no luck after searching there. The only relevant to a database field i found was in Eclipse Preferences->Data Management->Connectivity-> Driver Definitions but this has nothing to do with the field in the console configuration dialog.

Could anyone please shed some light how this can be done? Thanks a lot for your consideration
Chris

Post subject: Re: Eclipse Tools: Delete existing Database Connection
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:32 am 

To answer my own question. A rather invasive way to do so is to navigate to your current workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.debug.core\.launches directory and delete any instance associated with Hibernate (or the whole org.eclipse.debug.core directory if you don't mind loosing your launch configurations). You could also try deleting the \workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity directory.
After that restart Eclipse. All database connections are gone.

Is there a more clean way to do so from within Eclipse tho??

Post subject: Re: Eclipse Tools: Delete existing Database Connection
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:49 pm 

What do you mean by "more clean way"?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]