-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Two issues with reverse engineering
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:38 am 

Hello,

while trying to apply reverse engineering (with the Hibernate Tools 3.4.0 CR1) to a set of tables, I noticed two problems in the generated files :

1/ when SQL comments contain tag-like structures (i.e. <example>) they are generated as such in the hbm.xml files and lead to XML parsing errors when trying to use these mappings,

2/ When tables contain a column named "version" the reverse engineering considers them as <version> elements regardless of their SQL type. For instance, when the SQL type is a VARCHAR, the type of the version column is StringType. However, when trying to use these mappings hibernate complains it is unable to convert between StringType and VersionType.

Unfortunately, amending the database schema itself is not an option. So, before delving into the intricacies of developing a specific implementation of the ReverseEngineeringStrategy, I'd like to know if there are any reverse engineering configuration options that could solve these problems.

Many thanks for any advice.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]