-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is a choice of @IdClass or @EmbeddedId goint to be implement
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:17 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I'm just asking this here, although I don't have high hopes for something like this, anymore ... It just seems like if Hibernate offers this choice - It should be in the Hibernate Tools (as an option for reverse engineering) aswell.

I read in a similar thread that the Hibernate Tools Team doesn't see any value to this. Seeing you can easily call:
pojo.getTableCompositeId().getIdFieldOne() or
pojo.getTableCompositeId().getIdFieldTwo()

But what if it is a requirement to have the pojos look exactly like their counterpart in the database? Exactly, then you have a bit of a problem, don't you?
At least if your tables/classes are running in the neiborhood of >300.

So, please reconsider making this available!

Post subject: Re: Is a choice of @IdClass or @EmbeddedId goint to be implement
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:43 pm 

I have exactly need such a requirement. Specifically I want to migrate current entity generations from Intellij IDEA to maven hibernate tools. And our legacy entities are generated with IDEA in this way.

I will be very glad to have ability to configure generating entities.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:52 pm 

I have just checked source code of the code generation of the entities. At least now I am sure that there is not such a feature. Actually I could not feel myself brave enough to make a change.

Could you help us for such a feature?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:52 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

X5-599 wrote:
I'm just asking this here, although I don't have high hopes for something like this, anymore ... It just seems like if Hibernate offers this choice - It should be in the Hibernate Tools (as an option for reverse engineering) aswell.

I read in a similar thread that the Hibernate Tools Team doesn't see any value to this. Seeing you can easily call:
pojo.getTableCompositeId().getIdFieldOne() or
pojo.getTableCompositeId().getIdFieldTwo()

But what if it is a requirement to have the pojos look exactly like their counterpart in the database? Exactly, then you have a bit of a problem, don't you?
At least if your tables/classes are running in the neiborhood of >300.

So, please reconsider making this available!

Just because the core allows to Map non clean models doesn't mean we should generate them.

If you have a requriement of exposing all properties flat on the model then you can implement that as addition to the template generation.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]