-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Where can I download hibernate tools as a standalone jar?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:42 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I have been using NetBeans and Hibernate 3.2 for a while on Linux. I have just moved to a windows machine and am finding that the pojo generation is not working. It is failing to generate camel case names correctly. The first letter is in upper case but all the rest are in lower case. I found a bug report about this in version 3.2 and so attempted to upgrade to the latest version of hibernate (3.6.5). However, when I run that I get an error:

Quote:
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Found interface org.hibernate.cfg.Mappings, but class was expected

I am working on the assumption that this is an inconsistency between hibernate.jar and the version of hibernate-tools.jar that I am using.

I am therefore trying to find out where to download the latest version of hibernate tools. Can someone point me in the right direction please, it isn't obvious at all! It is not on the website, and the bast I have found is:

http://docs.jboss.org/tools/latest/en/h ... setup.html
Quote:
The Hibernate Tools 3.4.0™ (the current release version) requires Eclipse Helios (3.6).

This looks like it means that hibernate is not available outside of Eclipse. Please tell me that I am wrong!

Post subject: Re: Where can I download hibernate tools as a standalone jar?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:29 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I think I can solve the problem by putting:

Code:
lower_case_table_names=1

in mysql.ini (see here). I haven't tested this yet, and I would still be interested in knowing where to get hibernate-tools.jar for future reference. Maybe I could compile it from the source.

Post subject: Re: Where can I download hibernate tools as a standalone jar?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:03 pm 

I'm also trying to work out how to do this. I do use Eclipse, but i don't do plugins - i just want some Ant tasks.

The documentation has a section called 2.3. Ant, which says:

Quote:
To use the tools via Ant™ you need the hibernate-tools.jar file and associated libraries. The libraries are included in the distribution from the Hibernate™ website and the Eclipse™ update site. The libraries are located in the Eclipse™ plugins directory at /plugins/org.hibernate.eclipse.x.x.x/lib/tools/. These libraries are 100% independent from the Eclipse™ platform. How to use the Hibernate Tools™ via Ant™ tasks is described in Chapter 5, Ant Tools.

It's not clear what "the distribution from the Hibernate™ website" refers to; the Hibernate site has a distribution for Hibernate, which does not include Hibernate Tools, and the Hibernate Tools sub-site links to JBoss Tools for downloads. To me, it sounds like we need to download the Eclipse plugin, but then not use it.

If you go to JBoss Tools Downloads, there is a section called 'Downloads', which has links to pages like JBoss Tools 3.2.2.Final Stable Release from where you can get "A p2 repo (update site) bundle of all JBoss Tools plugins". This is a big zip. There is a warning in bright red letters telling you DO NOT UNPACK THEM.

So, having downloaded this file, unpack it.

Inside, you will find a directory called 'plugins'. Inside that, a jar file with a name like org.hibernate.eclipse_..., where the latter part is a typically inscrutable Eclipse plugin version string.

Unpack that.

Finally, you will find the promised lib/tools/ directory, inside which are (in the 3.2 release) hibernate-tools.jar, freemarker.jar, and jtidy-r8-20060801.jar.

You don't need to unpack those!

Note that if you want to use the Ant tools to process JPA annotations, then "you will need to specify some additional jars from Hibernate EntityManager". That will be another download to search for!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]