-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Support for @Enumerated tag during reverse engineering
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:58 pm 

I'm using the hibernate tools, along with the maven hibernate tools plugin to generate JPA entities directly from my database schema.

I have a few columns that are enumerated values (e.g. a status column) define as simple varchars and the status' are defined in java enumerations. I want to have the generated classes use the enums instead of a string to force stronger typing. I don't want to use an ENUM type for the column in the database; this makes changes to the enumerated types more of a pain to manage since it requires a database migration.

If I add a column override and set the hibernate type to my enum class it generates the correct code however this does not work with the database. I need the JPA annotation @Enumerated(EnumType.String) however I can find no way in the reverse engineering file to force this to be created.

Anyone have any ideas?

Post subject: Re: Support for @Enumerated tag during reverse engineering
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:23 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

simply not implemented yet. care to create a patch ?

look at the .ftl templates and what code it calls for annotations.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]