-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: JPA join fetch support
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm 

Hi,

It seems as though batch fetching entities is working well for those data stores which support MultigetGridDialect. I wonder if this functionality could be extended to support the JPA "join fetch" functionality to eagerly load associations with named and/or dynamic queries?

I noticed open issue OGM-875 but it's unclear to me whether this would cover JPA join fetching or not.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: JPA join fetch support
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:19 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Added a comment to the issue. So far there are no immediate plans to leverage Multiget for JP-QL join queries, it's an interesting idea, though. Maybe you'd be interested in helping out?

--Gunnar

Post subject: Re: JPA join fetch support
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:36 pm 

I would like to help out. Right now I'm short on time, so it will probably take me a while. I'm using Redis and Infinispan now, so that's what I'll focus on. It seams feasible to achieve join fetch support in Redis via MGET and HMGET, and Infinispan via HotRodBulkGet. Can you point me to some good references in the OGM code base to get started?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]