-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: NamedQueries are not supported
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:47 am 

Good day guys, I hope you can help me. I wanted to start using named queries with OGM, however when I run them they always return empty list. I have a setup of the SPRING and HIBERNATE OGM and MONGODB. Before I dig in and post more data here, can u just confirm that name queries and query criteria builder are supported with the most recent version of OGM. Thank you. Great product by the way!

Post subject: Re: NamedQueries are not supported
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:23 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,
Named queries are supported:
- NamedQuery: https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-ogm/blob/master/core/src/test/java/org/hibernate/ogm/backendtck/queries/SimpleQueriesTest.java#L397
- NamedNativeQuery: https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-ogm/blob/a9eefdc76ed7d82c86e482790a80a9147965b9ba/mongodb/src/test/java/org/hibernate/ogm/datastore/mongodb/test/query/nativequery/MongoDBSessionNativeQueryTest.java#L162

Criterias aren't: https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/OGM-23

Thanks,
Davide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:36 pm 

This is great, thank you for your reply, so I moved forward and now getting an exception:

javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.PropertyAccessException: could not set a field value by reflection setter of com.test.entity.model.user.User.id
at org.hibernate.jpa.spi.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.convert(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:1763)
at org.hibernate.jpa.spi.AbstractEntityManagerImpl.convert(AbstractEntityManagerImpl.java:1677)
at org.hibernate.jpa.internal.QueryImpl.getResultList(QueryImpl.java:458)
at com.test.dao.user.UserDao.getUsers(UserDao.java:63)

Here is my User entity:

Code:
@Entity
@Indexed
@NamedQueries({
   @NamedQuery(name = "user.getUsers", query = "select u from User u")
})
@Table(name = "user")
public class User {

private static final transient Logger LOG = LoggerFactory.getLogger(User.class);

@Id
   @GeneratedValue(generator = "uuid")
   @GenericGenerator(name = "uuid", strategy = "uuid2")
     public String id;

@Column(name = "first_name", nullable = false)
   @Field(analyze = Analyze.NO)
   private String firstName;

@Field(analyze = Analyze.NO)
   @Column(name = "last_name", nullable = false)
   private String lastName;

public User() {
   }

public int compareTo(User o) {
      return 0;
   }

public String getId() {
          return id;
     }

public void setId(String id) {
        this.id = id;
     }

public String getFirstName() {
      return firstName;
   }

public void setFirstName(String firstName) {
      this.firstName = firstName;
   }

public String getLastName() {
      return lastName;
   }

public void setLastName(String lastName) {
      this.lastName = lastName;
   }

Here is my UserDao

Code:
@Named
public class UserDao {

protected EntityManagerFactory emf = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("mongo-hibernate");

protected EntityManager entityManager = emf.createEntityManager();

public List<User> getUsers() {
      TypedQuery<User> namedQuery = entityManager.createNamedQuery("user.getUsers", User.class);

return namedQuery.getResultList();
     }   

}

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:31 pm 

I think I figured it out. I was using also mongoDbTemplate form the spring framework to insert data while testing hibernate. and appears that spring inserted ID as ObjectId, and hibernate was reading it as a STRING.

Also going forward I had issues with the transactions. Everywhere it is mentioned that factory must be this.

Code:
<property name="hibernate.transaction.factory_class" value="org.hibernate.transaction.JTATransactionFactory​"/>

However it appears to be wrong with the most recent version, I think u guys moved it here:

Code:
<property name="hibernate.transaction.factory_class" value="org.hibernate.ogm.transaction.impl.JTATransactionManagerTransactionFactory"/>

Also , previously with ORM I was using annotation :
Code:
@Transactional(readOnly = false, propagation = Propagation.REQUIRED)

is there anything similar to this with OGM ? So I dont have to have the lines like

Code:
Session session = entityManager.unwrap(Session.class);         
Transaction tx = session.getTransaction(); 
tx.begin();

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:29 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Quote:
However it appears to be wrong with the most recent version, I think u guys moved it here
Code:
Code:
<property name="hibernate.transaction.factory_class" value="org.hibernate.ogm.transaction.impl.JTATransactionManagerTransactionFactory"/>

You're right, thanks for spotting this.

I'm not familiar with Spring but the annotation looks similar to javax.persistence.Transactional.
Therefore, if you have a JEE container, you can create something similar to what we did in our integration test: https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-ogm/blob/master/integrationtest/testcase/src/test/java/org/hibernate/ogm/test/integration/jboss/controller/MemberRegistration.java

Since OGM is using the same API of ORM I would have expected this to work though. Could provide a testcase?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:58 am 

No I am trying to run named query with join or join fetch and getting exception that it is not supported yet. Can you please confirm that ? that I can do only simple select queries or I am doing something wrong. thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:22 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

OGM does not support join queries at the moment.

From the documentation (http://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/ogm/4.1/reference/en-US/html/ogm-query.html):

Quote:
Note that the following preconditions must be met:

- no join, aggregation, or other relational operations are implied

In the MongoDB section:

Quote:
Hibernate OGM is a work in progress, so only a sub-set of JP-QL constructs is available when using the JP-QL query support. This includes:

- simple comparisons using "<", "⇐", "=", ">=" and ">"
- IS NULL and IS NOT NULL
- the boolean operators AND, OR, NOT
- LIKE, IN and BETWEEN
- ORDER BY

Queries using these constructs will be transformed into equivalent native MongoDB queries.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]