-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: What is the current status of the project?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:55 am 

Hi,
I'm new to Hibernate OGM, and I consider using it in a project (which already uses Hibernate ORM, so it would be natural).
I'd like to know, what is the current status of the OGM project? Is it stable enough to use in production code?
does anyone use it extensively in a production environment?

Thanks in advance,
Dina

Post subject: Re: What is the current status of the project?
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:28 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,
it's flagged as "beta" and I'm not aware of extensive usage in production.
We believe the CRUD operations are all properly implemented and tested, but the Query functionality is still very limited. I would advise using it only if the query functionality provided by Hibernate Search is enough, or if direct loading by primary key (and graph navigation via getters) is enough for your use case. Since that's a strong limitation I can only imagine it being used in simple applications, but if it fits your case I expect it to behave very nicely.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]