-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: "Standard" Constraints
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:32 pm 
Expert
Expert

Hi all,
From what I see, only the constraints specification is standardized.
I thought that some of the annotations/constraints everybody need (@NotNull is one of the best example) would be provided by the spec as a standard constraint.

So the code will have a dependency against hibernate-validator. Is there any plan to add some commonly known constraints annotations and associated implementations in the spec API itself (or under some "javax.validation" package)?

I guess that "standard" could have been considered too much general to be able to define those things?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:34 pm 
Expert
Expert

Well, I guess Emmanuel actually already answered at least a part of this question:

Quote:
The primary goal is to allow the spec to declare built-in annoations but let the different providers to bring their own implementation (less bug in the spec :) ).

If I get this correctly, I understand that the annotations @NotNull and the associated constraint impl could in fact be added in the BV API. And be possible to override is just the right thing to do, that's great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:52 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

The idea is to get some fundamental constaints in the spec (see http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=991197 ).
They will be used as a common language for tools, JS generators and other metadata consumers.

Instead of having the StandardConstaintDescriptor as we have in the current public spec, we will have the ability to compose a constraint based on other more fundamental constraints. I will bog aobut that hopefully this week. I am almost done with the spec writing of this area.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]