-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:07 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Quote:
So i think this interface implementation is not topic here, i think that this toipic is about performance...

No! Please read the topic subject!
This topic is about memory optimizatoin and I have already proposed a solution : provide two types of interfaces for constraints instead of one:
- the basic one that does not need initialization and provides only the way to validate (Constraint)
and
- the extended one which adds the initialization aspect (ExtendedConstraint/ InitializableConstraint/ InitializedConstraint is a bad name for a java interface)

So, the memory is ok now - the extended constraint interface provides the way to do the initialization and is a marker on the other hand to help implemetaitions to not waste memory.

The other thing is what is the best interface for a constraint focusing only on the validation aspect.
So now I'm isolating this problem in a separate topic: http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?p=2394268

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3