-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Method constraints in inheritance hierarchies
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:11 pm 

Hi,

I'm doing some tests with bean validation, and i have some doubts about the behavior of method constraints on inheritance hierarchies.
The specification tells about Liskov substitution, on method constraints within inheritance hierarchies, but i made the test bellow with
the reference implementation ( hiberante validator 5.1 ), and not understand if this is a bug in implementation or my misunderstanding the specification.

public interface Foo {
public void doStuff(@NotNull String v);
}

@Named
public class Bar implements Foo {
public void doStuff(String v) {}
}

Calling bar.doStuff(null), the validation is not fired.
But if i changed Foo interface to an abstract class, and made Bar extends it, the validation executes and a ConstraintViolationException is propagated.
The test was done with cdi beans.

What should be the appropriate behavior?

IMHO, this is a bug on the implementation, on the hibernate validator cdi extension.

Post subject: Re: Method constraints in inheritance hierarchies
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:40 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi Denis,

See my answer to your original thread (http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/beanvalidation-dev/2013-July/000920.html), I think you should add @ValidateOnExecution(type=IMPLICIT) to your implementation class.

--Gunnar

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]