-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Other connection resultset returned. Gurus advice needed
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:19 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hibernate version:
.NET version
Database
MS SQL 2005

Hello everyone.

Today I found that at the first sight harmless query might bring a lot of problems. Consider this code, which loads an object id by url using stored procedure:

Code:
string urlNameWithoutWww = urlName;
string urlNameWithWww = CONST_WWWPrefix + urlName;

IQuery query = session.CreateSQLQuery(@"EXEC [dbo].[GetObjectId] @hostname = :name, @hostname2 = :name2");

query.SetString("name", urlNameWithoutWww);
query.SetString("name2", urlNameWithWww);

int id = query.UniqueResult<int>();

Rarely returned result wasn’t an int and the UniqueResult failed. I had changed the last line to the following:

Code:
IList list = query.List();

So, I could parse result by myself and see what is actually here. To my surprise sometimes the resulting list contained not a single value, but a list of values from more than 20 items. And what is more interesting if there was a single int in the resultset (as expected) it’s value could be invalid from the point that it doesn’t corresponds to provided hostnames.

I have a strong feeling that somewhere under the hood NHibernate mess with resultsets and some queries receive results of other queries. I am not sure if it is actually NHibernate problem, or the problem of .NET itself. I strongly believe that the problem is related to the http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.ph ... getordinal post. This happens only if a lot of requests come to web server at the same time.

I am interesting if anyone had faced such a problem? It is of urgent importance to me since it looks like I can’t trust NHibernate anymore. Every single query result must be checked to make sure it belongs to that query.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]