-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Joined foreign key properties
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:32 pm 

The background on my issue is the following: I have a persistant class set up called ContractTerm. In the table for this class, there is a foreign key mapping to the specific type of contract term. So for example, The contract term's 'Product' field is actually the foreign key integer ID into the type table containing the string type.

I thought about subclassing, but I then realized there are 150+ types of contract terms. Is there an easy way to set up my mapping so that I can join the string type of the contract term into my ContractTerm class?

I am open to design suggestions as well. I confess I am an NHibernate novice. Apologies if this is an easy fix that I've overlooked.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]