-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: How to copy an entity to a different table (or database)?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:22 am 

Hi,

Suppose I have a table CustomerAccounts and an associated table Invoices in a database called Northwind_CA.

Using NH, I have an entity class called CustomerAccount, which reference another entity class called Invoice. So far so good.

However, I want to do two things:
1. Copy an entity from CustomerAccounts to a another table called CustomerAccountsBackup (and similarly for all its associated members).
2. Copy an account entity (and its associated entities) from database Northwind_CA to Northwind_US.

For #1, the way I am doing involves creating a set of entity classes for CustomerAccountsBackup and its related tables, and write a clone method which creates an entity of type CustomerAccountBackup, and copy its value from an entity of type CustomerAccount, and perform similar action for its associated entries.

For #2, I am doing similar thing, but now for different databases, instead of for different tables.

I wonder if there is a simpler way to achieve that in Hibernate?

Thanks,
- Patrick

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]