-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Server error (.. by another transaction) only in IE!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:25 am 

Hi,

A very strange bug has been reported to me and I would appreciate some help. The project uses Hibernate version 1.2.

I got a report in that a server error was shown when deleting an entity using the application:

Quote:
Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect) for [...] instance with identifier: 25

Line 214: if (transaction != null && !transaction.WasCommitted && !transaction.WasRolledBack)
Line 215: {
Line 216: transaction.Commit();
Line 217: }
Line 218: contextTransaction = null;

I could not reproduce the problem however. Asking the tester in question it turns out this Server Error only happens in IE(7)! Under Firefox there is no error to be found. Apparently however even in IE after you go back to the page manually the update action was actually preformed, just as in Firefox.

While I am somewhat knowledgeable about Nhibernate (enough to build or bugfix our projects where the framework has been already been put in) I am clueless about it's inner workings and I would appreciate if somebody could point me in the right direction where to look for this. I don't even at the moment know what code I could paste here to ask for help given the very odd nature of the bug.

How can a server error be created by one specific client with NHibernate? Any help would be most welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 am 

If anybody could help I would be most thankfull as I am still quite stuck on this. If I'm in the wrong forum also please let me know.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]