-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: NHibernate, multiple ISessionFactory, wcf services
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:35 pm 

Hi, my application is composed of a client application and several sql server databases which is accessed by wcf services.

My client apps use wcf services to manage the databases. I want the wcf services to use NHibernate to access the databases.

I need an ISessionFactory object for each database, right?
If thats so, i how do i keep a singleton object to contain the ISessionFactory objects, which can be acessed by my wcf services? Whats the best approach?

For the moment, i could use HttpContext.Application to store the ISessionFactory objects, but i don't think thats a good idea. I've read some ppl using Windows Services. Is this a good idea?

Whats the best practises to solve this problem?

Thanks,
MFelicio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:38 am 

Yes you do need an ISessionFactory for every separate Database, that's right.

In a service I've done recently (albeit with NH 1.21GA) the ISessionfactories were stored in a HashTable that's inside some SessionManager Class. The SessionManager itself a thread-safe lazy singleton.

Any storage works for the ISessionFactories as long as its not thread-local, in contrast to the ISessions which should of course be stored thread-local.
[/code]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]