-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Inconsistent behaviour of ILifecycle.OnLoad
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:57 pm 
Expert
Expert

I run into an inconsistent behaviour of ILifecycle.OnLoad depending on the used fetch mode. I use OnLoad to register some events (PropertyChanged events) on the items of a collection after the parent is loaded.

Code:
void ILifecycle.OnLoad( ISession s, object id ) {
     foreach ( T obj in Items )
        obj.PropertyChanged += OnItemPropertyChanged;
}

When I use the default fetch mode it works fine (though the list gets initialized when I access the Items property in the loop). When I use FetchMode.Join, I get an LazyInitializationException in AbstractPersistentCollection.Initialize because the collection is in state "initializing" when I access "Items".

I know that my approach using OnLoad for that may be not the "cleanest" solution, but I couldn't figure out another way to guarantee that the events will be subscribe in every scenario (long story ...).
But I still wonder if when OnLoad is called the collections of the object shouldn't either be "uninitialized" (in case of lazy loading) or "initialized", but not "initializing".

Any thoughts on that ?

Thx for any help !

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]