-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Getting result set using sql-query
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:36 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Suppose I have two tables namely Person and Address, and also have their respective class defined in the business layer. Now I have a stored procedure that returns the result of the following query

Select Per.ExternalID,Add.Line1,Add.Line2 From Person Per
Inner Join Address Add on Add.AddressUid=Per.AddressUid
Where Per.PersonUid=@PersonUid

Now is it possible to fetch this result set using predefined sql-query. I tried it using return-scalar, but it returns the result in Ilist wherein each entry is an object[]. Meaning I get IList[0] as an object[]

that is object[] result = Ilist[0];
result[0] is ExternalID
result[1] is Line1
result[2] is Line2

as expected, but the column names are not returned here. Is there any other way I can get the result returned by the SP along with the named defined.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]