-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: CompositeId object : a crystal-clear sample
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:05 am 

After too many hours of searching for a very clean, tight sample of Attribute-based CompositeId in NHibernate (I'd found this very clearly documented/exampled in Hibernate for Java), and a lot of headbanging (I bought the Kuate book, and though it's fine, this was not explicitly and covered in that book).

Making this work with XML-configurations is as easy as copy/pasting from dozens of examples on the web and in Kuate's book; I'm an annotations fanatic, and this was my quest.

As this snippet stands, it functions without any hbm.xml files - that was my goal all along

Hope someone finds this sample useful; I know that if I'd found a post like this one a few hours ago I'd have had a better day. I'd appreciate comments on how this could be improved.

What's in here that I wasn't able to find clearly stated anywhere (I'm sure it's all out there somewhere in pieces, but not in one clear, concise place that I could find):
    The Name-property in the CompositeId attribute is critical. Ok, ok - tell me it's obvious, but now it's also documented in a snippet that can save others who might also miss the obvious :D

it's essential to number the KeyProperty entries as shown if there's more than one KeyProperty

The class that has a UsuryPK "CompositeId" object
:
Code:
namespace repo {

[Class(Name="repo.UsuryDecision, repoAPI", Table="usury_decision")]
  public class UsuryDecision {
    public UsuryDecision() { }

[CompositeId(Name = "PKey", Class = "repo.UsuryPK, repoAPI")]
    [KeyProperty(1, Name = "Timestamp", Column = "timestamp")]
    [KeyProperty(2, Name = "Id", Column = "id")]
    private UsuryPK pKey;

[Property(Name = "State", Length = 3), Column(Name = "state")]
    public virtual string State {<accessors elided for brevity>}
}

The PK-class (note that aside from the two KeyProperty attributes, there are no NHibernate Attribute markers)
Code:
namespace repo {
  [Serializable]
  public class UsuryPK{

private DateTime timestamp;
    private int id;

public UsuryPK() {
    }

public UsuryPK(DateTime timestamp, int id) {
      this.timestamp = timestamp;
      this.id = id;
    }

[KeyProperty(Name="Timestamp")]
    public virtual DateTime Timestamp {<accessors elided>}

[KeyProperty(Name="Id")]
    public virtual int Id {<accessors elided>}

public override int GetHashCode() {<elided>  }

public override bool Equals(object o) {<elided>}
}

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]