-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: How-to update only two fields?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:01 am 

What if I have an object with several properties:

obj.Product
obj.Customer
obj.From
obj.To

and normally I want to update all these properties but in some cases I only want to update From and To (even if the other fields have changed).....

Which is the best way to do this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:22 am 
Beginner
Beginner

As far as I know, this is not possible out of the box in current version. You have to handle it yourself by resetting org values in your object or implement in further down, eg in an interceptor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:11 am 
Regular
Regular

Hi,

When you do a .BuildSessionFactory(), NHibernate create the sentences Update/Insert/Delete onto command-objects ready to execute against the base, and this never change at least you are using versioning at entity. And this is a cool feature.

Is very important to you only go to Db only with the properties changed ?

Best regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:16 am 
Regular
Regular

The problem is that the original poster want to save selected properties only even though some of the other changed. To accomplish what you describe you could use dynamic-update and dynamic-insert in your mapping so only changed columns will be part of the UPDATE/INSERT statements

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]