-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Oracle configuration
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:54 am 
Regular
Regular

Hello forum, I've developed an application with Oracle. In the machine client I've installed an Oracle Client, and it's well configured and runs correctly.

However, when I want to use my installed application, it doesn't run correctly. What is the best NHibernate configuration in order to use in a machine that has installed an OracleClient?

As you can see, I'm using ODP.NET("NHibernate.Driver.OracleDataClientDriver")--> This implies that an Oracle.DataAccess.dll compatible library have to copied in the application directory. I've tested this application with an Oracle 10g, and it runs correctly (I suppose that Oracle.DataAcces.dll is compatible with my Oracle), but when I run the application in the final user machine (he have installed a Oracle 9.2...), it doesn't run (not connected).

Other question --> If I use NHibernate with Oracle.DataAcess.dll (ODP.NET), Has Oracle Client to be installed in final user machine-->

Code:
            props["hibernate.connection.provider"] = "NHibernate.Connection.DriverConnectionProvider";
            props["hibernate.dialect"] = "NHibernate.Dialect.OracleDialect";
            props["hibernate.connection.driver_class" ] = "NHibernate.Driver.OracleDataClientDriver";
            props["hibernate.connection.connection_string"] = "Data Source=" + Model.BussinessBroker.SERVER + ":" + Model.BussinessBroker.PORT.ToString() + "/" + Model.BussinessBroker.DATABASE + ";User Id=" + Model.BussinessBroker.USER + ";Password=" + Model.BussinessBroker.PASSWD + ";Min Pool Size=" + Model.BussinessBroker.MIN_POOL_SIZE.ToString() + ";Connection Lifetime=" + Model.BussinessBroker.CONN_LIFETIME.ToString() + ";Connection Timeout=" + Model.BussinessBroker.CONN_TIMEOUT.ToString() + ";Incr Pool Size=" + Model.BussinessBroker.INCR_POOL_SIZE.ToString() + ";Decr Pool Size=" + Model.BussinessBroker.DECR_POOL_SIZE.ToString() + ";";
            props["hibernate.default_schema"] = Model.BussinessBroker.SCHEMA;

Otherwise, if use NHibernate with Oracle Client directly ("NHibernate.Driver.OracleClientDriver"), I can't use Connection pool, ..., no?

Thanks for all.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]