-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: One instance mapped to several lines of my table
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:42 am 
Regular
Regular

Hello,

I would like to store some frequently asked questions in a database.
As those questions/answers could be translated in several languages, I was thinking of using two tables :

The first table would contain a unique field : the key wich is an id for each faq.

The second table would contain those fields :
FAQ_ID : foreign key
LANG : language
QUESTION : the question translated in the good language.
ANSWER : the answer translated in the good language.

Here are some sample data

What I find embarrassing, is that first table just contains a unique field (the id), just to have a table in which one line correspond to a single object instance. In other words, I just need the first table for object relational mapping...

So I would like to know if it is possible to map several lines of my second table to a single object instance. If it is possible, I don't need the first table.

Thank you in advance.

mathmax

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]