-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: one-to-many vs many-to-many
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:09 am 

I am having big trouble with a many-to-many represented as a one-to-many. I have a "Group" object and a "Seller" object. A "Seller" can belong to many groups, and a "Group" can have many Sellers. the mapping of these two entities require specific properties defining the relationship between "seller" and "group".

So I have mapped the relations hip using a "SellerGroupMapping" object and a one-to-many. I only want to add a Seller to a Group not vice versa. So I have a method that adds mapping to the group. And I then want to save the group. (not save each mapping individually).

But nhibernate does not like this, I get SQL concurrency errors in that it cannot find the group in the database when it does in fact exist.

Here is my mapping file fro the SellerGroupMapping object:

Code:
<class name="SellerGroupMapping" table="Map_Sellers_Groups">
      <composite-id>
         <key-many-to-one name="Group" class="Group" column="GroupID" />
         <key-many-to-one name="Seller" class="Seller" column="SellerID" />
      </composite-id>

<property name="SKChaseOnlinePublicCommission" column="SKCOnlinePublicCommission" />
      <property name="SKChaseOnlinePrivateCommission" column="SKCOnlinePrivateCommission" />
      <property name="SKChaseOfflineCommission" column="SKCOfflineCommission" />
      <property name="GroupOnlinePublicCommission" column="GroupOnlinePublicCommission" />
      <property name="GroupOnlinePrivateCommission" column="GroupOnlinePrivateCommission" />
      <property name="GroupOfflineCommission" column="GroupOfflineCommission" />
      <property name="FulfilmentCost" column="Fulfilment" />

</class>

Mapping file for the group:
Code:
<hibernate-mapping xmlns="urn:nhibernate-mapping-2.2" assembly="SKChase.Model" namespace="SKChase.Model">

<class name="Group" table="Groups">

<id name="Id" type="Int32" column="ID" unsaved-value="-1" access="nosetter.pascalcase-underscore">
         <generator class="identity" />
      </id>

<property name="Name" type="String" length="100" unique="true"/>
      <property name="Active" type="Boolean" />
      <property name="Type" type="SKChase.Model.GroupType, SKChase.Model" />
      <bag name="SellerMappings"
         table="Map_Sellers_Groups" cascade="save-update"
         inverse="false" lazy="true" access="nosetter.pascalcase-underscore">
         <key column="GroupID" />
         <one-to-many class="SKChase.Model.SellerGroupMapping, SKChase.Model" not-found="ignore" />
      </bag>

<many-to-one name="Properties" column="PropertySetID"  class="PropertyData" cascade="all" fetch="join" />

</class>

Can you please point out any glaring errors?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:19 pm 
Expert
Expert

It may not be related to your errors, but it's a good idea to use a single-column surrogate primary key rather than your composite of the seller id and group id. Make the combination of those two columns a unique index instead of the primary key.

Composite primary keys are almost always a bad idea ...

I think you need to set inverse="true" on the bag mapping.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]