-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: not lazy many to one problem
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:15 am 

Hi guys,

I'm using NH 1.2 release for a web app where the requirement is to load everything from DB at Application_Start, so even the many-to-one references are not lazy.

You can guess that I work with detached objects since I load all at one time in the application lifecycle; the problem is that I often I lock some object in order to commit changes but the lock goes by cascade and when it reaches the "one" from many-to-one not lazy relation I get a "NHibernate.TransientObjectException : cannot lock an unsaved transient instance: [...]".

session.Lock(something, LockMode.None);

I realise that the "one" exists from another session, but anyway, it should be IsSaved. All works like a charm if I commit in the same session that queried the objects.

Have any ideas?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:04 am 

I also have thsi problem! I am stuck trying to find a solution! Does any of you guys know a solution or a workaroud?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]