-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: sqlcachedependancies questions???
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:59 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Anyone using sqlcachedependancies with NH 1.2.0 GA?

I want to deploy a web app across multiple servers in a web farm and continue using the 2nd level cache. This is a problem because the cache will get out of sync across servers. Would using sqlcachedependancies alleviate this problem? We're using a sql2k5 db and are currently running on a single web server.

If this won't work is my only other option memcached?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:08 pm 
Senior
Senior

I use the sql cache dependency provider for an application in which changes to the data can occur by another app which doesnt go through the same API. This will cause the data in my Nhibernate app to become invalidated.

If all the data in your app is manipulated by the same application then I believe the memcached provider would be a better solution for you.

There is also NCache. They have an NHibernate provider and are supposedly going to have a NCache provider which supports SQL dependencies within the next couple of weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:47 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

What's your opinion about memcached? I've been hesitant to use it because it's seems relatively new and can't find much support on it.

I agree it's probably a better solution but it sounds like the sqlcachedependancies would work to. Any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:35 pm 
Senior
Senior

I havent used memcached before. The sql cache dependencies would work it just wont be as efficient to build the cache but it will be faster when the cache is built because the cache is in process as opposed to memcached which runs out of process. With sqlcachedependencies, each web server will build the cache independently of the other servers in the farm.

Another thing to think about is that with sql cache dependencies the whole cache will be invalidated if one item changes. So i think its really best for mostly read only data.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:52 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks for the info. I just got sqlcachdependencies running. I agree with everything you've said. I was a little disappointed to find all of the limitations of sqlcachedependancies. Even with multiple regions setup, it's pretty limited in functionality.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]