-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Default schema name and named queries
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:48 am 

Hi,

I found that schema name (from nhibernate configuration file or from attribute of hibernate-mapping root) does not work for named sql queries.
I have to prefix objects with schema names in these queries.
I connect to db to work on another schema name (so from different user than the schema owner).

Database: Oracle 10g Express Edition (10.2.0.1.0)
NHibernate: 1.2.0 RC1

Part of hibernate.cfg.xml file:

Code:
<property name="hibernate.connection.provider">NHibernate.Connection.DriverConnectionProvider</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">NHibernate.Driver.OracleClientDriver</property>
<property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">NHibernate.Driver.OracleDataClientDriver</property>
<property name="hibernate.dialect">NHibernate.Dialect.Oracle9Dialect</property>
<property name="hibernate.default_schema">my_schema</property> <!-- does not work for sql named queries -->

Part of embedded resource file:

Code:
<hibernate-mapping xmlns="urn:nhibernate-mapping-2.2"
namespace="..." assembly="..." schema="my_schema"> <!-- schema attribute does not work-->
  <sql-query name="SequenceNextVal" >
    <return-scalar column="Id" type="Int64" />
    <![CDATA[
    SELECT my_sequence.nextval as Id FROM DUAL
    ]]>
  </sql-query>
</hibernate-mapping>

I must change the select statement above to "SELECT my_schema.my_sequence.nextval as Id FROM DUAL" in order for it to work.

Question: Working as design or bug?

I have to use the sequence this way. I work with legacy data with composite keys and can't just use
Code:
<generator class="sequence"><param name="sequence">my_sequence</param></generator>

BTW Above <generator> does not work without explicit adding the schema name in a hibernate-mapping root node. I mean schema option from config or class node does not work but the same option per mapping file works fine.
I've searched the forum and found this without any replies:
http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=967614&highlight=query+schema

Thanks for any answer.

Post subject: This thread may help answer your question
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:58 pm 

http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=956277&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=9616986d1e12239619edbda60753b29c

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]