-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: NHibernate 1.2.0.CR1
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:49 am 
Contributor
Contributor

After several months of development, NHibernate 1.2 is approaching release, as indicated by the change from Beta to CR (Candidate for Release). The latest release fixes most reported bugs and includes numerous small improvements. The release is now available for download as a Windows Installer (.msi) package, and a separate installer contains the API documentation, ready to be integrated into Visual Studio 2005.

We would welcome any feedback about your experience with the new MSI installers - suggestions for improvement, problem reports, etc.

Change Log | Download

Last edited by sergey on Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Missing files in root?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:46 am 

Just installed 1.2 CR1 and noticed that no files were placed in the root "NHibernate" folder. The previous beta included the readme, releasenotes, licenses, etc.

Is this intentional or an oversight/problem?

Thanks!

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:22 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Sort of intentional - these files don't contain anything useful (apart from release notes which I will probably include) so I didn't include them in the installer. They are still there in the source zip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:52 am 

Okay, thanks. I was mainly concerned about missing other more critical files.

FWIW, I use the releasenotes.txt file for a quick check on the version I have installed. I find this easier than wading through folders/files for date/time stamps.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:36 pm 

Hi

We are investigating using NHibernate for an internal project. We would love to take advantage of the new features in 1.2.0

Can you give any indication on approximately how long before the final release is out?

Thanks
Joel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:55 am 
Contributor
Contributor

We don't promise concrete dates. The plan is to gather some feedback on CR1, fix the bugs, and then do a release. I expect this to take several weeks.

Post subject: Change CharBooleanType constructor visibility
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:04 am 
Beginner
Beginner

It would be great if you could change in the final release the visibility of the constructor of CharBooleanType which is now internal.

If the constructor would be public, then I could make my own CustomCharBooleanType based on CharBooleanType.

Thanks for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:20 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Create a JIRA issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:24 am 

--removed--

Last edited by steven.listservs on Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:52 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Please don't hijack existing topics, post a new one if you have a different problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]