-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Loading values though fields instead of properties
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:26 pm 

Hi,

I've just been assigned to a new project at work and I've got couple fo quick questions on NHibernate:

1) Is it at all possible to load the data though private field variables instead of using properties?

2) Is it possible to map the following:
[SQL] I've got 3 tables: Document(ID,Name....) DocumentTable(ID,Name...) DocumentField(ID,Name ...) and a table that combines all of these together DocumentComposition(DocumentID,TableID,FieldID)

[C#] Document { int ID, List<Table> tables ..... }, Table { int ID, List<Field> fields ...} , Field { int ID, string Name .....}

Thanks in advance,
Nick Goloborodko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:19 am 
Senior
Senior

#1:

Use access="field" to instruct NHib to work with your fields. If you have a naming strategy other than :
Code:
private int camelCase;

Then you can append the access strategy like access="field.camelcase-underscore" name="MyField".

#2:

You'll want to use IList<type> for your collections. Just use a one-to-many relationship from Document-Table and Table-Field..here's in Document mapping...
Code:
<bag name="tables" access="field.camelcase">
      <key column="DocumentId" foreign-key="Document_Table"/>
      <one-to-many class="DocumentTable" />
</bag>

Hope this helps...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]