-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Prefered IOC/AOP Framework with NHibernate support?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:56 pm 
Expert
Expert

This question might be out of place here, but I'm trying to choose an IOC/AOP framework with NHibernate support, but I'm coming up short on any articles or clear information that might help me make a choice.

I know that Spring.NET has NHibernate support as does Castle Windsor...and JBoss AS (?), but I really don't know what the differences are that could make a good choice or a bad one. The JBoss framework looks a little heavy on the config side to me and I know that NHibernate uses Castle's DynamicProxy, so it seems like there's a good synergy between the two projects, but does that make Castle the right one for me? I just don't know...

Does anyone out there have any good feedback or guidance for me (links, comments, etc.) that might help me choose?

Cheers,

Symon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:19 am 
Contributor
Contributor

That really depends on what you are trying to achieve with the IoC.

I find Windsor to be easier to work with, since it doesn't require so much confiugration, but I am part of Castle project, so I am probably biased.

You can check here to see some of my work with NHibernate and IoC;

http://www.ayende.com/Blog/CategoryView ... mmons.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:53 am 
Senior
Senior

I prefer Castle. Not only it requires almost no configuration but it also appears to be very stable and the NHibernate integration works fine.

But maybe even more important is the fact that that the Castle community is very alive and innovative. Plus they add a lot of common sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:59 pm 
Expert
Expert

Thanks for the feedback. In the absence of other info I'm going to take a stab at Castle and see how I go.

I'm primarily looking at keeping my coupling low and using mocks for testing.

Cheers,

Symon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:13 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I've successfully managed to get Spring.NET to work with NHibernate.

Currently in beta, support for NHibernate 1.2 was added.

More info on http://www.springframework.net. I would recommaned to check Modules->NHibernate 1.2.0 Beta Module

Example of usage in the nightly builds files.

Regards,
Robert

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]