-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: NHibernate 1.2 Beta 1 version mismatched when compiling
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:58 pm 

Hi:

This is proably a newbie question.

I was using NHibernate 1.0.1 and everything was fine.

I saw Nhibernate 1.2 Beta 1 the other day and the support for MS SQL 2005 dialect was included so I download the source code and compile the project myself (Under MS Visual Sudio 2005)

I have the following files as my external references in my project

NHibernate.dll (Version = 1.2.0.2001, Runtime Version = v2.0.50727)
log4net.dll (Version = 1.2.10.0, Runtime Version = v2.0.50727)
Nullables.dll (Version = 1.2.0.2001, Runtime Version = v2.0.50727)
Nullables.NHibernate.dll (Version = 1.2.0.2001, Runtime Version = v2.0.50727)

However, I keep getting the following error when i compiled the project.

The type 'NHibernate.Expression.ICriterion' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'NHibernate, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=154fdcb44c4484fc'.

I have look up the manifest file and the Hibernate version seems to be fine there. Is there any other way I can delete old assembly reference to Hibenrate 1.0.1?

Hibernate version: 1.2 beta 1

Name and version of the database you are using: MS SQL Server 2005

Thanks,

Sam

Post subject: Re: NHibernate 1.2 Beta 1 version mismatched when compiling
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:59 pm 
Expert
Expert

cico09 wrote:
The type 'NHibernate.Expression.ICriterion' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'NHibernate, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=154fdcb44c4484fc'.

Probably someone somewhere is still referencing to oldNHibernate assembly. Make sure that the SpecificVersion is false for NHibernate references (Or that the version referenced is correct)

Gert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:06 pm 

"Probably someone somewhere is still referencing to oldNHibernate assembly. Make sure that the SpecificVersion is false for NHibernate references (Or that the version referenced is correct) "

The Specific Version tag was set to false for all 4 dlls. I have tried to clean up the cache files under windows and also did a search for the old NHibernate.dll on my computers and delete them all.

Any other ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:24 pm 
Expert
Expert

cico09 wrote:
"Probably someone somewhere is still referencing to oldNHibernate assembly. Make sure that the SpecificVersion is false for NHibernate references (Or that the version referenced is correct) "

The Specific Version tag was set to false for all 4 dlls. I have tried to clean up the cache files under windows and also did a search for the old NHibernate.dll on my computers and delete them all.

Any other ideas?

Have You tried "Rebuild" (instead of just "build")?

And is it web project? If so, the web.config file may need clean-up.

Gert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:37 pm 

I have tried "Clean + Build" and "Rebuild" several times, none of them solve the problems.

I even tried delete the whole project and recheck the source code out of CVS, still not compiling.

My project is a regular C# project running as exe, maybe regular project has a config file, I will try to find it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:55 am 
Expert
Expert

cico09 wrote:
My project is a regular C# project running as exe, maybe regular project has a config file, I will try to find it.

Do You use any third-party assemblies that might use NHibernate? Or any of Your own ones, which are not yet builded with new NHibernate?

Gert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:36 pm 

Here are the thrid party assembly I have been using.

dnAnalytics - MAtrix oepration DLL, not using Nhibernate

MatlabNative & MWArray- Antoher matrix realted DLL, not using Hibernate.

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient - use to connect to SQL 2005 Analysis service, not using Hibernate.

Nini - configuration fiel related DLL, not using Hibernate.

ZedGraph - Graphing related DLL, not using Hibernate.

I also have Castle.ActiveRecord, Castle.Model and Castle.DynamicPolicy as well. I will check to see if I can fid the latest version of this DLL.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:25 pm 

It turnso out that my Castle.ActiveRecord.dll is referencing the old Nhibernate.

Thanks for the the help.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]