-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Custom SQL for Inserting, Updating, Deleting and Views
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:27 am 

NHibernate 1.2beta1

Ths version of NH supports one cool feature that is Custom SQL for inserting, updating or deleting within a mapped class
One thing i was asking myself is if NHibernate even supports mapping the class to a VIEW and not a TABLE, this can be useful in a scenario where we create a
"Surrogate Database Entity"
, for example, given the usual example of User class, we could have a table

UserName Permissions
admin 0x0101b (this is a bitmask)

and another table

PermissionDescription

id description
0x0001 insert
0x0010 update
0x0100 delete
0x1000 someotherstuff

we could create a view in a database (it is pretty simple in sql server using boolean operators) that given the ADMIN user, the result will be
something like

userName PermissionDescription
admin insert
admin delete

(note: we only have insert and delete here - notice the bitmask above)

Now comes the question! :-) Can NHibernate map this view? if this will be possibile, i will add a custom SQL SP call in insert, update and delete that can change the bit value on the bitmask field

And, if views are not supported, i figure i can solve the question using CUSTOM SQL Loading expression, but...what are the limitations ? NHibernate has a PLENTY of features and i cannot fiure what limitations my class may have associating or making part of a collection with other entity classes

Hope i explained well (maybe not...:-) )

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]