-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Best way to filter collection
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:40 am 

Hi
I have the following scenario.

I have a list of Customers, each customer has a list of Orders. I want to get all the customers but i only want to load the orders for the customers within a specific date range. Whats the best way to solve this with ICriteria? Should I use CreateFilter on the session insted?

Is it in some way possible to create this filtering already in the ICriteria?

/Edit
I dont want to use filter, because it will produce to many selects. Is it possible with ICriteria thou?

Regards

Post subject: Re: Best way to filter collection
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:38 am 

Are you sure you want to filter the Collection itself, rather than an iterator? see org.apache.commons.collections.iterators.FilterIterator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:20 pm 

Code:
session.CreateCriteria(typeof(Order))
                        .Add(Expression.Between("Date", date_min, date_max))
                        .List()

Cheers,
Andre

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:19 pm 

you can do this with one db acces :

create a criteria on customers : custCriteria
custCriteria.CreateCriteria("Orders","Order", NHibernate.SqlCommand.JoinType.LeftOuterJoin)
now add a criterion as the user above me showed, but with the alias Order
this will fetch all employees (because it is a left out join) and only the wanted orders
or you could do as he said with 2 db access. the more efficient strategy depends mainly on how big is the customer record (with a join, the same customer record returns few times - one for each of its orders)

also, if you use a join, use result transformer to return any root entity only once

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]