-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: NHibernate and Sybase
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:04 pm 

I am having problems doing updates/inserts against a Sybase Database. I am able to pull data out. When stepping though the code I get the following message:

"The given type name was unrecognized"

I have no idea where start in finding the solution to this problem. I am very please NHibernate thusfar and I don't want to stop working in it just becase of this error. Today I realized that there is limited amount of changes within NHibernate to support Sybase.

Thoughts... Suggestions... Solutions would be VERY much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:33 am 
Contributor
Contributor

SybaseDialect is currently incomplete because no developer uses it, so we can't help you with this unfortunately.

Post subject: ODBC connection
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:09 am 

Can you tell me how to setup an ODBC connection to Sybase? It seems as though I can't connect to my database using the following connection string:

props["hibernate.connection.provider"]="NHibernate.Connection.DriverConnectionProvider";
props["hibernate.dialect" ] = "NHibernate.Dialect.MsSql2000Dialect"; props["hibernate.connection.driver_class" ] = "NHibernate.Driver.OdbcDriver";
props["hibernate.connection.connection_string"] = "Driver={SQL Server};Srvr=ETE6GTYL31;Database=credithfm;Trusted_Connection=yes;";

Post subject: Nhibernate and Sybase Update
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:50 am 

Sergey thanks for your earlier post. I wanted to give a quick update to what I found when trying to use Sybase. My team and I tried to get Nhib and sybase to be friends... We were able to over come several issues with no code changes to Nhib. Most of the changes resided on the XML mapping and defining datatypes. EX. columns defined as VarChars or Char's must be be set to AnsiStrings in the mapping files. Also columns defined as floats must be set to Single in the mapping flies.

From this finding, we were able to get around somewhat nicely. We then ran into a big problem when doing batch Inserts. ASE OLEDB Sybase driver kept bombing when trying to do multple inserts. It was returning rowcount of -1 on the second Insert statement. We linked this error to the database driver. We then connected Sybase about this issue. We then found out that this driver doesn't fully support .Net.

Just wanted to give you heads up on what we found this week. We decided to use MSSQLServer instead of Sybase. I'll keep my ears/eyes open it any changes for Sybase availablity.

Thanks again.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]