-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mssql keyword File?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:46 am 

I am using Ms Sql Server and I know that when using the keyword file I should put square braces around it within my query so it will be [file].

So how do I get around this when using nhibernate? Or do I even need to worry about it?
What Im trying to achieve is I want to get back a file based on the following query ie:

string query = "from File as f where f.CharacterID.CharacterID = :charID" +" AND f.FileExtension = :fileEx";
file = (File) session.CreateQuery(query).SetInt32("charID", 5).SetString("fileEx", ".txt")

mapping file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<hibernate-mapping xmlns="urn:nhibernate-mapping-2.0" default-access="property">
<class name="LicenseManagerDB.BusinessObjects.File, LicenseManagerDB" table="file">
<id name="FileID" column="fileid">
<generator class="identity" />
</id>
<property name="FileName" column="fileName" />
<many-to-one name="CharacterID" class="LicenseManagerDB.BusinessObjects.Character, LicenseManagerDB" column="characterid" not-null="true" />
<property name="FileSize" column="fileSize" />
<property name="ForPublic" column="forPublic" />
<property name="FileLocation" column="fileLocation" />
<property name="FileExtension" column="fileExtension" />
</class>
</hibernate-mapping>

The error message is: Specified cast is not valid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:39 am 

I have also tried assigning the result of the query to be of type object. I thought I might beable to interogate the object to get any other information. THis time the error is:

Begin failed with SQL exception NHibernate.TransactionException: Begin failed with SQL exception ---> System.InvalidOperationException: SqlConnection does not support parallel transactions. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.BeginTransaction(IsolationLevel iso) ........ and more stack stuff.
I also got the above error when using the Get(typeof(File),1) etc etc.

GB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:35 am 
Senior
Senior

I don't see any types for the properties in the mapping file. Maybe that's the reason for the first error message.

Regarding kewords: you can escape those in the mapping file by using backticks (`). It will translate to [] on SQL Server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:10 am 

After I entered the types in my xml file (prob still hanging around) I discovered that I cant use the SetString() method when the string Im trying to set has a dot in it. Im using ver 0.9.1.0. is there a bug here? Have got around the problem by appending the query string and passing it to the CreateQuery() method.
However would be great if someone could help to explain what a parallel transaction is and why does this error occur. Thanks.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]