-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: attributes -multiple components of same type?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:52 am 

Hi,

i've run into a problem which i can't seem to get past

my class PromotionByClub has two components of the type Moneyeffect

Code:
  <Serializable(), [Class](nametype:=GetType(PromotionByClub), table:="Promotions_PromotionByClub")> Public Class PromotionByClub

<Id(0, Access:="field", name:="mId", Column:="id", TypeType:=GetType(Integer), unsavedvalue:="0"), Generator(1, Class:="identity")> _
      Private mId As Integer

<ComponentProperty(2, access:="field", componenttype:=GetType(MoneyEffect), name:="mAdminChange")> _
        Private mAdminChange As new MoneyEffect
        <Component(2, access:="field", componenttype:=GetType(MoneyEffect), name:="mJoiningChange")> _
Private mJoiningChange As  new MoneyEffect

end class

trouble is in the class moneyeffect the mappings for the two are the same
Code:
    <Serializable(), Component(classtype:=GetType(MoneyEffect), access:="field")> Public Class MoneyEffect
        <[Property](access:="field", name:="mChanged", column:="changed", typetype:=GetType(Boolean))> _
        Private mChanged As Boolean
        <[Property](access:="field", name:="mType", column:="moneyeffecttype", typetype:=GetType(MoneyEffectType))> _
        Private mType As MoneyEffectType
        <[Property](access:="field", name:="mValue", column:="effectvalue", typetype:=GetType(Double))> _
        Private mValue As Double

..snip..

so when i try and save i am mapping the two to the same columns

there must be a way around this i guess, but i have been unable to find it..

any help would be so appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:10 pm 
Expert
Expert

Well, you probably already know that this isn't a problem if you're using mapping documents. Since the attributes rely on runtime hbm.xml generation, I would think that you could use a mapping doc for the special situations for which they may be required.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:09 pm 

i was fearing that ....

oh well, something for the next release i guess.....

thx anyways

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]