-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:26 pm 

Hi,

I'm creating an nhibernate based application using access as DB, it all went well until now :(
While trying to load an object from the db, I get:

Unhandled Exception: NHibernate.ADOException: could not load object ---> System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'medicalp0_.IRCOD=ir1_.IRCOD left outer join HYR section2_ on medicalp0_.HYR=section2_.Hyr'.

I'm using the SQL server dialect to connect to access, I know there are lots of issues with that... Is this such issue? Or can I try something to make it work using access?
(I tried using the access2000 dialect but I didn't get that to work :s

I don't post all config files here, cause there are 5 tables involved.. probably that's a bit too much for the nhibernate access driver?

any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated!
thnx,
bert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:08 am 
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have any experience with using Access in NHibernate, but from what I saw, the "access2000 dialect" should work in "simple" usage cases...

Read this old topic:
Using NHibernate with Microsoft Access 2003 / Jet 4.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:19 am 

hi thanks for your reply.
However I think that the MsAccess2000 dialect isn't implemented in the current nhibernate version. I tried adding these 2 .cs files (from the link you posted) but that didn't want to compile.
From what I read here I think there is still no solution for access db's when using more than 1 join. Is that correct?

many thanks,
bert

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]