-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Expression.In problem
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:27 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I have a datagrid that has check boxes to filter the "statuses" of orders the administration wishes to see.

The statuses 1 - pending, 2 - shipped, 3 - cancelled and 4 - shipped.

The Order object and mapping correctly loads a Order object and OrderState object (which is in another table)

When I try and do a Expression based criteria I create a int array of each status I want to be in the "set" and then I call the criteria method

for example

int[] states = new int {1.4};

IList Orders = session.CreateCriteria(typeof(Order)).Add(Expression.In("Status.OrderStatusId", states )).List();

Order.Status.OrderStatusId will match one of those integers, however when I run the query I get the following exception :

{"unresolved property: Status.OrderStatusId []" } System.Exception

The class Order has a member called Status of type OrderStatus which has a Name and orderStatusId , for some reason the Expression is being evaluated as if I was inferrring orderStatusId was an array which it isn't and I wasn't trying to either :)

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks
Grant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:53 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

It can't parse through properties of properties. Only "Status" would be valid in an ICriteria.

You can to use hql to do what you're wanting to do.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:16 am 
Thanks mike, I'll take a look at HQL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:16 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I ended up fixing this using HQL and the "in" keyword and posted the solution to my blog

http://theresidentalien.typepad.com/ginormous/2005/05/using_a_in_set_.html

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]