-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Mapping a calculated property
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:56 pm 

I need to be able to sort by a property on one of objects. Normally not a problem with HQL. The problem I'm having is that the property I want to sort by isn't represented in the database.

The object(s) looks like this:

Position->Person->(Property)FullName

The problem is that sometimes Position has no person in which case I substitute with the property PositionNumber. So I created a property off of Position called FullName. If Person is there it grabs the FullName property from Person and sends that back. If there's no Person object then I send back the PositonNumber (a string). So I can't say "from Position p order by p.Person.FullName" because Person may be null and I don't know how to map p.FullName since it's not a field in the database. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Eric

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]