-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mapping Repeating Fields
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:58 pm 

I've searched the internet over and cannot find anyone even asking this question. I assume that I'm just not searching for the right phrase. Others must have had this problem. I am mapping a legacy database that has repeating fields. (below) I'd like to map them as a List of Parts within a List of Segments but can't figure it out. One idea I had was to map the DB fields to object fields directly and then write methods on the object which return the components as a list. However, if NHibernate has builtin support for what I want to do I'd rather use that.

Thanks in advance!

public Class MainObject() {
List<Segments> _segments;
}

public Class Segment() {
List<Part> _parts;
}

...other fields...
Seg1_Part1_Type
Seg1_Part1_Start
Seg1_Part1_Length
Seg1_Part2_Type
Seg1_Part2_Start
Seg1_Part2_Length
Seg2_Part1_Type
Seg2_Part1_Literal
Seg2_Part1_Start
Seg2_Part1_Length
Seg2_Part2_Type
Seg2_Part2_Literal
Seg2_Part2_Start
Seg2_Part2_Length
etc

Post subject: Re: Mapping Repeating Fields
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:09 pm 

Nice! Exactly what I was hoping for. Will try it out once I finish getting my model hooked up to SilverLight.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]